Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Flower Club is Back












Finally made it back to my flower club last night. I have not being there since the gala night in November. The Christmas night had to be cancelled due to snow and I didn't make it to the craft morning earlier this month because of fog. The demonstration was by club members. It is great to see other members work.

I got up to my allotment yesterday morning for a couple of hours. I managed to clear out all the cabbages that the snow killed off. I got 3 of the raised beds dug over and got a start on the digging at the back of the plot where I want to put the potatoes this year. I put some first early potatoes in the kitchen to start to chit. So hopefully in a few weeks I will be able to get thing moving. I keep looking at packets of seeds and I have to resist the temptation to buy all sorts as I don't have a green house. I have only so many windowsills in the house. Last year I got some very good plants in either Lidl and Newlands Garden Center so I will leave the cabbage, broccoli etc to them. Roll on the growing season.

No comments:

Post a Comment