Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

April on the allotment.




I remembered to bring the camera with me on Monday. I spent most of the day on the allotment. I got the broad beans in, the strawberries planted, the early potatoes earthed up, the raspberry canes in and I managed to move 23 wheelbarrow loads of top soil and compost so all my raised beds are sorted. Thank you to the council for the soil and compost it saved me a fortune that I will be able spend on plants. I hope to get up there again before the week is out to get some cabbages, sprouts and broccoli in they are getting a bit big for the plastic green house. I bought them a few weeks back in Lidl.

The peas and borlotti beans I have started at home are doing well and will have to go in a couple of weeks. I also planted the sweetcorn in pots as they didn't get to ripen last year when I planted them directly.

I might not have been able to move on Monday night but I was very pleased with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment