Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Holidays ......Part 1

The 1st week in August we rented a house in Dungloe Co. Donegal. It was in fairgreen holiday cottages and it was great, so much so that when I win the lotto I want to built a copy of the house.



From the outside it looks like a normal rectangle shaped house but the layout inside is brillant.


The hall is huge with the sitting room off to the left. Too the right is a large bed rooom en-suite. All 3 bedrooms are huge and en-suite. In fact the hotpress at the top of the stairs is as big as my bathroom at home.


The kitchen runs the whole lenght of the back of the house. I want this kitchen......Please

Derry City

One of the places we went to see was Derry City. We got to walk the city wall.







Looking down on a community garden.


The Peace Bridge over the river Foyle.


The Dungloe River Walk.

We found the Dungloe river walk. It runs along the back of the village. It was a beautiful spot.







Carrickfinn Beach

One of the many beautiful beaches in Donegal.
I only swim in heated swimming pools. Yes I'm a total wuss.




Daisy at the seaside.
A family footagraph


Glenveagh National Park.


We did the smaller of the nature trails. By the time the mist cleared on the mountains to drive there, there wasn't time for any thing else. Hopefully we will get to go back and do the house and gardens some day.










The view from Dungloe Pier.


Errigal mountain.


This is the first time I have ever seen sea holly growing in the wild.


We had everything this holiday sea, mountains, bog a brilliant mix. I will be the first to admit some of the roads frightened the life out of me. Call me fussy but I like my roads to be wide enough for 2 cars to pass each other, no surface and grass up the middle freaks me out.


www.fairgreencottages.com
www.glenveaghnationalpark.ie







No comments:

Post a Comment