Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Veggie Savoury Rolls

How to turn this

Into this

You need 1 Punnet of mushrooms, chopped
1 Red pepper, chopped
1 Onion, Chopped
Heat a little oil in a pot add the chopped mushrooms, onion and pepper and cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes until soft.

Meanwhile make the packet of white sauce. I do this in the microwave. A minute at a time giving a good stir between each minute. It takes about 5 minutes. Watch the last 2 minutes very closely I don't know now many times I have ended up pouring the sauce back into the bowl from the glass plate.


Add the white sauce to the vegetable mix, give a good stir, now add the packet of sage and onion mix, stir well to mix everything in. Leave aside to cool. I know it looks awlful at this stage but I promise it tastes better than it looks.


When it is cool unroll the pastry sheets and cut each 1 in half. Devide the filling between the 4 sections of pastry.
Brush the edges with milk and roll up. Cut each section into 8.
Place on a 2 lined baking sheets, joined side down. Brush with milk
Cook in a hot oven 190C Fan oven for 20 to 25 minutes. This work in my oven so adjust to suit yours.
I Promise the vegaterian in your house will love these.

No comments:

Post a Comment