Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Rachel Allen is Evil

No I have not lost the plot, I can explain where I am coming from. Lets start at the beginning I am a fan of Rachel Allen and I have all her cookbooks. Nearly every recipe I try from them works. Three days ago I ran out of toffee sauce. I normally buy it in M & S but due to the snow I did not get there. I found the recipe for toffee sauce in Rachel's book Favourite food at home. It was so easy and absolutely delicious. We have had vanilla ice cream and toffee sauce for desert for the last 3 days. I know the recipe says it will keep in the fridge for months but I can't see it last that long. So why have I decided Rachel Allen is evil. That's easy to answer, anyone who can come up with a desert sauce so delicious and that easy to make has to be. It's Wicked.

Rachel Allen's Toffee Sauce.

100g Butter.
175g Brown Sugar.
100g Caster Sugar.
275g Golden Syrup.
250ml Single Cream.
1\2 tsp Vanilla Extract.

Put everything into a pot and heat gently to dissolve. Simmer over a very low heat for 4-5 minutes. Stirring all the time. Cool and use to you hearts delight.
Can be put into a jar and stored in the fridge

I will never buy toffee sauce again

No comments:

Post a Comment